05-15-2012, 07:41 AM
The Hebrew Language is The DNA of Creation
The Hebrew Language is The DNA of Creation

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2012, 02:18 PM
RE: The Hebrew Language is The DNA of Creation
Wow,

What a shame that we have missed so much!

Wonders never cease!

So much to learn and so far to go to get their.
05-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Ok I can handle this, but I need a Hebrew to walk me through,
Fast and furious.
This is partly rubbish
Touch of "big fat Greek wedding"

Malkah throw me one of those big round orange coloured thingys.

O drowning wwwwww

Ps mega smoochies to your increasing kids.

vix

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
Thomas Paine
The devil's greatest weapon is that people don't believe in him.
C.S Lewis.
05-15-2012, 04:10 PM
For a start
DNA
is
DeoxyriboNucleicAcid

A chemical, before the structure was understood

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
Thomas Paine
The devil's greatest weapon is that people don't believe in him.
C.S Lewis.
05-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Start listening at 1:11 minutes when he deals with the letter quph and says it's a monkey. I did a search for [ quph monkey ] in startpage and I found the following at Balashon - Hebrew Language Detective regarding kuf:

Quote:kuf
Categories: hebrew letters
The 19th letter of the Hebrew alphabet is kuf, and there about as many ways to spell it in English (kuf / kof / kuph / koph / qof / qoph / qop / quph ) as there are suggestions for the original meaning:

monkey
eye of a needle (Klein)
container
knot
circular motion
revolving sun

While I always thought the letter came from kof קוף - monkey, that doesn't seem to be the case. The word kof is not originally Hebrew, and kofim weren't indigenous to the land:

These animals are mentioned in I Kings, x. 22, and the parallel passage in II Chron. ix. 21, as having been brought, with gold, silver, ivory, and peacocks, by ships of Tarshish from Ophir (compare II Chron. viii. 18). The Hebrew name kof is a loan-word from the Tamil kapi, from which indeed the Teutonic ape is also a loan with the loss of the guttural, so that the Hebrew and the English words are identical. In Egyptian the form gôfë occurs. The Indian origin of the name has been used to identify Ophir with Abhira at the mouth of the Indus (see Vinson, "Revue de Philologie," iii.). The Assyrians, however, were acquainted with Apes, which were brought to them as tribute. Apes are not now and almost certainly never were either indigenous to Palestine or acclimatized there.

As far as the other explanations, they seem to be connected to the Hebrew roots קוף and נקף - meaning "to go around", and the origins of such words as tekufa תקופה - "revolution, season", and hakafa הקפה - "encircling, surrounding".

As we've seen before, kuf can alternate with kaf, chet and gimel.

Another resource that I found helpful is the Ancient Hebrew web site and it's ElBet Chart.
In "Hebrew Word Pronunciations" Jeff Benner deals with the pronunciation of hebrew words without vowel points.

' Wrote:Vowels

Four of the Hebrew letters double as consonants and vowels. These are the א(al), ה(hey), ו(waw) and the י(yud). The al can be a glottal stop (silent pause) or the vowel sound “a”. The hey is an “h” as a consonant or an “e” as a vowel. The waw is a “w” as a consonant or an “o” or “u” as a vowel. The yud is a “y” as a consonant or an “i' as a vowel. The waw and the yud are the two most commonly used as vowels in Hebrew words. When the waw appears at beginning of a syllable it will use the consonantal "w" sound. The same with the yud which will use the consonantal "y" when at beginning of a syllable.

Another type of vowel is the implied vowel sounds. This means that the vowel is not written but is necessary in order to pronounce the word. An example of this is the word רב(grain) which consists of the two consonant B and R and cannot be pronounced without a vowel between them. In most cases the implied vowel will be an “a” or an “e”. In this case the implied vowel is the "a" and the word רב is pronounced “BaR”.

I hope this can help you sort things out.

Resource for learning ancient hebrew
05-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Thanks TM,

I think the general knowledge , i recieved from the vid is really cool still.

I did not know that the hebrew symbols were not letters but ideas.
If that is even true.

That alone is was worth learning.

Since I have no memory anymore. I only can go on the Lords commands to love.

The whole knowledge thing is just cool to me but soon forgoten.
I never hang my hat on anything being an absolute. Cause understanding change at the speed of light it seems.